Monday, November 20, 2017

Measuring tweeting results


The above is the first "Step Two" tweeting of which I have become aware.

The "Step Two" tweeting was ostensibly done by Blue Heron sending individual tweets to persons who had tweeted using a particular hashtag or hashtags, as opposed to sending individual tweets to persons who were followers of a third party Twitter account.

A word of caution if you go to a Twitter hashtag listing and send individual tweets to persons who show up under the hashtag: It may be better not to send your tweet to the person by means of using the reply button, but rather by right clicking on the person's Twitter name and sending your tweet as a "clean" new tweet to the person.

Measuring results
A person you tweet to may like or retweet your tweet, which you will see and which is a good result. This probably won't happen very much.

Also a person you tweet to may click on the link in your tweet and do a Step One tweet, in which case you will be able to see that person's Step One tweet on the #DougJonesforSenate hashtag. That too is a good result but that too is not likely to happen much.

The main measure of good results is whether my Blogger page view counter registers a page view, meaning the recipient of your tweet has clicked on the link. You can't see my Blogger page view counter, and only I can see it.

To provide information about whether tweet recipients are clicking on the link Step Two tweets that are sent, I am going to start posting at the bottoms of the tweeting bank pages the total numbers of page views. I will do this periodically, possibly daily, and I will include the date on which I have done the posting. I will leave in place posted information about page views from earlier dates so that how the cumulative number of page views is going up.

When I have done this tweeting, I have been able to see my page view counter go up as I am doing the tweeting. If you tell me you are doing tweeting, I may be able to watch the page view counter as you are doing your tweeting and let you know by DM or some other way.

Tweeting using cellphones
I do all my work on my laptop and don't know how "user friendly" this blog is or how easy or hard it is to send Step Two tweets on cellphones. Please give me feedback about cellphones. Thanks.

Questions or comments
For questions or comments, there is a Google group I have created. See Google group.
Or feel free to tweet me questions or comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment