Friday, November 10, 2017

Organizing this

The Doug Jones campaign includes the candidate's appearances, TV advertising, bumper stickers and yard signs, door to door canvassing, phone banking, and postcard sending.

This blog seeks to add an organized tweeting effort.

The goal is sending individual tweets to as many Twitter accounts in Alabama as possible. There are probably a couple hundred thousand of those.

The tweets to be sent have links that contain additional pro-Doug Jones messaging. The links ask tweet recipients to join in the sending of tweets, seeking to create a pyramiding of tweets.

The main resource for finding Alabama Twitter addresses to tweet to are follower lists of Alabama Twitter accounts having lots of Alabama followers. Also hashtags, such as #RollTide, that are used by many Alabama tweeters can be availed of for finding Alabama Twitter accounts.

Please look at my main tweeting bank for general use Tweeting for Doug Jones to see how this is supposed to work.

I have set it up to have a Step One (which is a single tweet that will be on #DougJonesforSenate hashtag), and a Step Two which is for doing the critical tweeting of sending individual tweets to large numbers of Twitter accounts in Alabama.

This organized tweeting effort for Doug Jones has been submitted to the campaign, but currently there has been no response from the campaign. See Social Media Director.

Some may view the tweeting as spam. The tweeting method has been submitted to Twitter. See Twitter@Support. I have been using the tweeting method for more than a year, and I have not had a problem with Twitter. I have sent tens of thousands of individually directed tweets, and the number of tweet recipients who have complained is probably less than 50.

I have used my blog page counter for evidence of whether tweet recipients click on links in the tweets. My page view counter has shown very good success in getting links in my tweets clicked on.

This tweeting effort needs Doug Jones tweeters who will send tweets under Step Two of the tweeting banks. While I have had lots of "likes" and "retweets" and a few tweeters who have done the tweet in Step One, I am not aware of any tweeters who are sending tweets in the critical Step Two.

To get Doug Jones tweeters to step forward to do Step Two tweeting, I am soliciting that supporters search for Twitter accounts of the geographical area in which they live and that have good follower lists for sending tweets to. See Local Twitter account addresses.

Please tweet me if you are willing to get going with doing the critical Step Two tweeting.

Please give me any suggestions you have for getting Step Two tweeting going.

Addendum 11/20/17
See Measuring tweeting results.
For questions or comments, there is a Google group I have created. See Google group.
Or feel free to tweet me questions or comments.
Also please consider whether you prefer a simpler approach for tweeting to Alabama voters. See Simplifying this.

Addendum 11/24/17
See Organizing this 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment